Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lost in the City, Long for the Sea




I need a holiday la. I badly need a holiday. After this morning's confusion with street names in OUG, I feel like I need to break free. What happened was this; it was supposed to be a very easy task. I was supposed to collect a cheque from a company located in OUG along Jalan Hujan Rahmat.

First we have to find OUG. Obviously Under Ground. Oblique, Unidentified Garden. Ahhh, screw it; ask around. Found out that it stands for Overseas Union Garden (what the hell is that supposed to mean anyway). So like a happy little camper, I steered my little blue car there, in the rain (raining, Jalan Hujan, how ironic is that).... I ended up in Jalan Awan. Who named this place??!!?? Mah lousssSSs... Using my common sense, I didn't take too long to look for the place *hmm lemme see... Jalan Awan is in a square with all the Jalan Awans 1,2,..3752, so Jalan Hujan must be in a square with all the other types of Hujans*

Now back to the office. Old Klang Road was jammed (I didn't know this part used to be Klang, it's so far away from the new Klang? Why else would anyone name Klang Road faraway from Klang?) Oh wait, I take that back, I once got lost and found Jalan Lumut and Jalan Pangkor right next to each other, RIGHT HERE IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN!

...And the Federal Highway was flooded too, causing many motorists to stop and admire the water, and me taking an hour to get back to my office.

So I need a holiday. I long for the Redang wind, the sound of waves, and sand in my pants. Perhaps I really should go somewhere else for a change, having been there for about 4 times. Sigh, go what lah go, your two piece can still fit or not? Better go for a crash diet, otherwise it'd be like the DHL elephant on vacation.

Time to hit the gym.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Thanks! Planning Lang Tengah for June...