Tuesday, June 06, 2006




Jack is the new man in my life. Ok, the new boy in my life. Ok, not really in my life. Just temporarily. And it saddens me so.
This little fat, fluffy rabbit look-alike has captured my heart and I have fallen truly, madly, deeply in love. Ok, more like hook, line and sinker. One little whimper and I fly to his rescue, one little look of sadness, and I pick him up and cradle him. He seems to get along well with Joey too, which came as a surprise to me. He seems to know how to pull my heart strings perfectly well, and to pull off that “I’m cold. Cuddle me!” look. Gosh.
I took Princess and Jack back with me yesterday, and they slept cuddled close to me as I watched TV. Reminded me of those times Joey would squirm her way onto my lap and make herself comfortable there.
A sudden recollection also came to me. A long time ago when I first brought Joey home, a friend told me that when a girl is ready to wholly own a dog, it means she’s ready for motherhood. Bollocks. A dog is a friend, companion and the best thing to have. Better than a sister. Right, Jee?
A dog is someone you can talk to, and they won’t talk back or disagree with you. Or say “I told you so.” A dog is someone you can watch TV with, and they won’t tell the story before you watch it. A dog is someone who is happy to have a bit of whatever you’re eating, and make you their idol from then on. A dog is someone who can teach you about responsibility, caring for others, and fun.
A dog is not just a dog.
Hang on there Joey, Jack and Princess; I’m coming home straight after work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sunshine... what do you mean that they're cute??!! cute is an understatement!! gosh.. i would never part with this dog if it was mine..

are you sure you can part with Jack? Would hate to take him away from you.. ;)